Going to the dentist can be a difficult experience for most adults, let alone children. Having someone poke around in your mouth isn’t the most pleasant feeling in the world. Add to it the fact that a lot of the time you have to go to the dentist, it’s because you are in pain and need to have work done.
Most individuals with supportive needs don’t really enjoy people in their space, unless it on their terms. Add to the fact that there are lot of sensory things in that environment- the drill, the sounds, water spraying, the taste of the fluoride, etc, and its becomes a recipe for disaster. Luckily there are some dentists we have found that take great care and consideration to the specific needs of our community.
Here are some pediatric dentists on Long Island that specialize in providing care for special needs children:
1. Jericho Dentistry for Special Needs Children & Adults - They offer tailored care for special needs children and adults. They can be reached at: (516)888-1777
2. Suffolk Pediatric Dentistry - They provide special needs dentistry for children and have three locations on Long Island. Their phone is: (631)928-8585
3. Adelberg Montalvan Pediatric Dental - They recognize the unique needs of each child and offer specialized care for special needs children. Their contact info is: (631)658-5395
4. Distinctive Dental Services in Great Neck - Dr. Mary George, a board-certified pediatric dental specialist, provides thorough dental care for children with special needs.Their phone number is: (516)207-0897
5. Advanced Children’s Dentistry/ Dr. Sybil Padavathil in Garden City - Dr. Padavathil is a pediatric dentist who offers general anesthesia for special needs children. They can be reached by phone at: (516)758-KIDS
6. Dix Hills Family Dentistry - Drs. Raj and Shubha Soni-Gaur offer outstanding dental services for patients of all ages, including children with special needs. They can be reached at: (631)759-8452
Please note that it's important to contact these dentists directly to inquire about their specific expertise and services for special needs children.
Going the dentist can be an overwhelming experience for most people. Luckily, the dentists above are making easier for everyone to have a positive experience and leave with a smile.
***Disclaimer: The information provided on this platform is for general informational purposes only. While I strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, I make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability of the information contained herein. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. It is important to note that laws, regulations, and circumstances may have changed since that time. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you independently verify and validate any information I provide before making decisions or taking actions based upon it. I am not responsible for any errors or omissions, nor for any loss, injury, or damage arising from the use of the information provided. It is always recommended to consult with relevant professionals or experts in specific fields for tailored advice and guidance. Please be aware that interactions and communications on this platform do not establish a professional-client relationship. The responsibility for evaluating and validating the information provided rests solely with the individual readers. By using this platform, you agree to hold me harmless from any liability or claim in connection with the use of the information provided. Always seek professional advice and consult with appropriate authorities or experts regarding specific legal, financial, medical, or any other professional matters. Thank you for understanding.***
**Disclaimer: Mama, It Takes a Village has not been a client of any of the listed services or products mentioned in this blog post, unless explicitly stated otherwise. Mama, It Takes a Village does not endorse or guarantee the quality or effectiveness of any of the mentioned establishments or their services. The information provided is based on publicly available information and recommendations. Individuals are advised to conduct their own research and exercise their own judgment when selecting and utilizing the services mentioned. Mama, It Takes a Village is not responsible for any issues or experiences that may arise from engaging with the mentioned services or products. Thank you for understanding.**